8.26.2008

Adventures with my Mr. Darcy

After having the YW in my ward over a few weekends ago to watch Pride & Prejudice, Lee and I decided we need more date nights. Nothing too fancy, but just the two of us... so we can remember what it feels like to have butterflies in our stomach as we spend time with the person who is our other half.

After dropping off the girlies, we ran down the street to window shop and just hold hands. Of course it started blowing and raining the biggest drops ever... which made it even more fun. I found these cutest napkins to add to my closet that will hopefully some day soon be full to the brim with dishes, linens and everything needed to set a beautiful table.

Then we went and browsed the magazine collection at Barnes and Noble where I learned how to make a tasty banana creme pie cookie and Lee familiarized himself with the Incan Civilizations of centuries ago. It's good to remember what life was like before kids and how much I love every part of my life.

3 comments:

prism said...

good - I am glad you are doing that. It really does make all the difference.

I have one of those entertaining closets too. Love it.

prism said...

To clarify - when I said it makes a difference, I was talking about the date nights. Even the mini-ones, even if it's just at home, with a rootbeer float and a rented movie (after the kids go to bed) - it really makes a difference.

Candice said...

1. WHERE are those napkins from?

2. WHY didn't you bring your kids to me?!?

3. Glad you got a date with Mr. Darcy.