5.08.2009

College Savings

Guess quick!

Which one of these things is more expensive? 


You only get one guess so make it good.


Happy Mother's Day to me! We just got a bill in the mail for a lost library book. Pretty sure they are starting construction on a new wing in our name with the fines we've paid the place. Who ever said going to the public library was free was apparently way more organized than we are. And of course, just days after the bill the size of our mortgage came for a silly I can Read book, Eden found Fred and Ted in the My Little Pony box. Apparently Ponies like to read too.

So the answer is.....

Fred and Ted is more expensive! Especially since I just picked up a new straightener (to replace mine that got lost in Honduras) from Costco for $59! Not a bad price if I do say so myself! And yes they had many more so run and get yourself one too... Happy Mother's Day to you :)

8 comments:

prism said...

yeesh! That's highway robbery! Out here, I think you just have to replace the book. And, I guess I'm "cheap" 'cuz I only paid about $10 for my straightener. hahah.

Holly Schwendiman said...

Nuts...Happy Mother's Day!

Hugs,
Holly

MeL said...

Apparently it will be a Jones wing, because Sara believes that she alone keeps the library open with her fines.

Melissa said...

Lovely. We once had a similar fee. $18 Book Replacement, $28 Restocking Fee, $12 in late fees... all for a disintegrating board book from 1983... I am pretty sure the librarians are all secretly driving Mercedes.

Leah Martineau said...

Well that book is now worth a pretty penny. ok so it is not worth a pretty penny you just have to pay a pretty penny for it!! Bummer, well you know my story..I have a huge fee so I haven't checked a book out from the Library in over 5 years. I'm sure one day the Library detective will track me down and take my car or something!! Happy Moms Day to you since my dollie like you better than me.

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Hello! Who is your mom? She already has a wing built in her name at the Mesa Public Library/helped buy new drinking fountains for all the homeless people there.

Candice said...

I just got a notice saying if i don't pay my FORTY in late fees then they're sending it to collections. YIKES. Should I just be more responsible... or do I give up the library? It might be cheaper just to stock my shelves full of all the books I want. (Just a thought) :)))

Jenny Hogle said...

pretty sure we bought 5 of them. it was a bargain so we decided to stock up.