5.09.2010

insufficient words

this morning i asked our girlies what their favorite thing about their mom is....


eden: "i like a lot of things she makes... and she's cute"

delia: "i like her hugs"

gwen: "mamama"


it's hard for me to put into words how i feel about amanda on this mother's day.

saying "i love you" is not enough. i know if i tried to explain how i feel, it would just come out lacking, but here goes....

AMANDA, you are amazing. you are a source of strength and inspiration. you are my best friend and just being with you, hanging out, is good enough for me. just to be around you makes my day.


having you as my wife these last 7 1/2 amazing years has made me a better person. i can honestly say that i am who i am today because of you. i don't even want to think about what life would be like without you. i just hope you can continue to have patience with me as i work through my faults and weaknesses. i'm sorry for not always being the man you hope that i will be, but know that i am working at it and striving each day to be that man.

thank you for the beautiful family you have given me and thank you for being such a wonderful mother to our beautiful daughters; they love you so much, as do i. thank you for all you do for us everyday.


i know sometimes life gets busy, and it may not always seem like it, but the best part of my day, everyday, is coming home to you to see your smiling face and get a little welcome home kiss. you make my life joyful and you mean so much to me.

i love you, amanda, and hope you always know that. i can't wait for the rest of our lives together and all the wonderful things that lay ahead for us.

i love you, amanda. happy mother's day!

7 comments:

thegreatestshowonearth said...

good work Lee. I like this, I like you. Thanks for being such great friends/examples! Hope you had a great Mother's Day Amanda!

xoxox,
Ash

prism said...

Gosh, I love my family!

Laney said...

Love you, Lee! I'm so proud of the husband and dad you are. You and Amanda are a great team. Keep up the good work.

donkeybray said...

Amanda, you are divine of nature to garner such praise from a loving husband. If I'd ever had a husband that could have written even *one* of those sentences, I'd have considered myself blessed beyond words. Sigh. Way to make right choices, dear niece o' mine. Love, aunt dona PS: I still think Lee's a babe--and I say that in an entirely matronly nonnaughty way.

Cluff Family said...

What can we say except....PRESH! What a nice tribute to you Amanda. I agree with Lee, you are a wonderful person!

Malia said...

So sweet.

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

your hair is really long in number one picture. and this is cutesie bootsie.