7.30.2009

Flying Ponies


We went out for dinner.

It happens alot when I'm about to give birth.

Did I just say "give birth?" Sorry about that one.

Outside the restaurant at the corner of dana park there was a fountain.

My girlies were instantly drawn to the recirculating water full of dozens of wishes made before them.

"Please mom.. do you have some money?" they begged to wish all their dreams come true.

"k" I agreed as I pulled Eden's old green purse out of my bowling-ball sized bag. (Seriously... why do they make cute bags so big, I can't help it if I carry my years supply on my shoulder)

Handing each girl a penny I told them to make it good.

The lady sitting on the other side of the fountain smiled as she quietly listen to all that was occurring.

And then she heard delia's tiny little voice in all sincerity..... "I wish I wish with all my heart...... (big pause, probably for effect knowing her personality) to be a flying pony!"

"Wow, a flying pony!" I exclaim. Surprised at her wish. "But if you were a flying pony then mom would be so sad, because I couldn't be your mom and you'd live somewhere else and I'd never see you!"

I watched delia in thought as Eden ran back inside to retrieve her forgotten chopsticks.

"Can I have another money mom?" delia asked.
Once again......

"I wish, I wish with all my heart..... (once again the dramatic pause) to be hoo-man (human but pronounced Annie style)

Oh my delia... you always make me smile. And I'm glad you want to be hoo-man and live with your hoo-man mom. Cause I love you :)

6 comments:

Suzanne Maughan said...

You have the CUTEST girls! I loved hearing your oldest sing with the primary on Sunday. My little brother used to be the one that sang above all the other primary kids and so hearing her sing brought back so many memories for me. I look forward to hopefully someday having my daughter as stylish as your little beauties. :) Good luck with the new baby!(im jealous for your third girl...I always wanted my daughter to have a sister close to her age but she is getting a brother...Im sure she'll love him just the same.)

prism said...

that is sooooo cute!

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

That is too cute for words. Doesn't motherhood just amaze you sometimes??? You have done a beautiful job at it. I wish you all the luck with new baby girlie!! Hope all goes well with mom and baby. We love you guys:)

Leah Martineau said...

Dragon Tales, Dragon Tales (imagine me singing this)

Oh that Dillie!! You know we love her and we don't want her to turn into a pony either. But if she did you know Ryker would build her a special palace stable and take very good care of her =)

thegreatestshowonearth said...

The day crew would welcome you with open arms! I miss you and your girls!

Malia said...

Hey Amanda! The fabric is from an online store called Tonic Fabric. If you check my blog a few posts below you'll see a link where to find it. It was about 9.95 a yard and also comes in a chocolate brown. I love it too!!