3.19.2010

If I were king dilly dilly.. you'd be my queen

There is something magic about being little.

Waking up to find streamers and a birthday banner hanging from your little bottom bunk and your birthday is already the best day all year.


March 17th, 2006, St Patty's day. I was due with my 2nd little girlie.

The hospital called me in to be induced, and because I envisioned my delia receiving nothing but shamrock sunglasses and green beaded necklaces for her birthday for the REST of her life, I told them no thank you very much, and to call me back the next day.


The little sneak tricked us anyways and has sparkily green eyes, but at least they don't compliment her birthday outfit. Although when I take a picture of her every year on the last sunset of her previous aged year there are remnants of her cute green outfit.


Exhibit #1 (green skirt I busted out at 1am the day/morning before/of the green holiday)


Exhibit #2

I LOVE these images and never clean them up because it helps me remember her little personality from that year. Knees covered in black from jumping on the tramp all day long at the neighbors house.... crusties all over her little face from snacks wearing nothing but a dirty tee and a diaper, sporting her popeye wink that was a household fixture that year :)

delia I love you and your contant teasinging, your attitude that knows you can accomplish anything!

*your baby curls that are almost grown out
*your sassy saying lately of 'of course you are'
*hearing you say I CAN'T!! at least 16 times a day
*you sneaking back into your room after we've gotten dressed for the day to find a skirt to wear.
*your love for all fruits and vegetables; they are the first thing gone on your plate
*the way you can shake your hips and the things you are learning at your dance class (I'm cute!)
*your amazing talent to memorize words to songs in 2 seconds flat
*how sweet you are to your little sister to make her laugh when she is feeling grouchy

love you to the moon and back my little lavenders blue dilly dilly! I know your next year will be full of happiness and amazing things!

4 comments:

Leah Martineau said...

Happy 4th Birthday Miss Silly Dilly!!!!! The perfect post for the bestest little friend. We hope she has the best day ever =)

donkeybray said...

Where did/do you learn all those old songs? First it was "Bushel and a Peck" and now you come up with "Lavender Blue." Good songs, those oldies. Miss Delia is Miss Too Cute, dirty face and all. You do things with your girlos (how my kids said "girlies") that I so very much admire. And good luck with Pie in the Sky. I'm sure it will be a hit; you guys do good work! PS: How about "Mairsey Doats"? Or "Three Little Fishies"? Love, Aunt Dona.

HooHoo said...

Amen to Aunt Dona. Has it really been 4 blessed years for the cute face girlie? And we wish you the best with Pie in the Sky. I admire your artistic eye. What is your favorite pie? How about fresh peach? Sara suggested getting together for a Jones gathering and have a hot dog bar and have orange jello that all the Grandma Jones' could put on their hotdogs. Do you remember that time? I'll bring pie!

Liz said...

You are so so talented Amanda - that adorable shot of the girls on miss dilly's bunk bed looks like it came straight out of a magazine!! not kidding - not to mention you have the cutest subjects EVER!!! and the cute streamers - I wish you were my mom :) (I do love my mom though :) Maybe you should have been my kids' mom - :) loves you all!