7.20.2007

for comedic value :)





ok, so I know these pictures are hideous and do no justice to my preciously adorible Delia(gag reflex for thinking my kid is cute) but I couldn't resist posting this amazing moment in today's boring happenings.
So, today is mom's working day.... which means I am glued to photoshop and my kids make a ginormous(thank you webster's dictionary) mess in the play room. After they throw ALL the play food in every which direction they then move on to the dress ups. Oh joy....
Maybe you have never frequented Wal-mart on the day after halloween, but my dear mother (bless her little heart) and her love for the holiday, she went bright and early the morning after halloween. So, walmart puts everything, I mean EVERYTHING that is halloween oriented on sale for $0.25, yes for a quarter. A few halloweens ago her and Daniel went and totally scored for like $5.00! They got the world... which included this HIDEOUS! unicorn costume which is missing the tail(does not take away from the costume's fun value) My mom gave it to Eden the following Christmas, and for weeks she would not take the grubby thing off. We were too scared to wash it for fear it would ruin the stupid song it plays when you push it's ear (hello we should have washed it first thing!)
So, long story short(I mean extremely LONG) Delia brought it to me as I was working and wanted to wear it. I was reminded of its hideousness and decided to share it with the world! I hope it gave you a smile on this fabulous friday!

7 comments:

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

ahh mother. remember those bat plates? i'm glad delia loves the unicorn costume. i hope you find unicorn hair in odd places again. : ) -love Bubzee

Sara! said...

Look, your back and have posted three fabulous times already! Yes, the 11th is perfect for a cousin party (had to throw in the cousin so others don't get sad they weren't invited to a party.) I love the unicorn costume. Is Delia rubbing her eyes in the last pict because the mane got in her eyes? I can distinctly remember how it feels to get fake fur too close to the eye area and itching for hours.

MeL said...

By chance were there any of those in my size? Just wondering.

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Correction, it was me, Emily, who was with our mother and encouraged her to buy all things 25 cents. I mean, even if you throw it away, it was only 25 cents! And you should feel lucky that more weird costumes were not purchased that year. I think Fantastic Four costumes were the hit then..

The Fletchies said...

i love the unicorn costume. I should post me in the elmo costume. and the wolf mask. I heart our mom. I want to have a costume box as big as hers. ps i miss delia. do you need a babysitter any time besides next week? I'm open. I need to see the girlsies.

angiedunn said...

wow. oh the comic relief it was. i love the idea of loading up on costumes the day after halloween! that is genius! i'm so there...at walmart...post halloween...buying a unicorn costume.

Coree Adams said...

That's too cute. I love it, what a memory!