12.03.2007

In the Know



So, I figure since I've been working in the wedding industry for over a year now, I now know everything there is to know about the best day of your life.

I do.

So I've come up with a few factoids:

#1. There will always be a female guest who is wearing an electric blue dress that is either too low, too short, too small or all of the above.

#2. There is some type of magnetism between the garter and the un-married male's head who catches it. He always puts it directly on his head and looks ridiculous.

#3. Mono cromatic bouquets always look the best.... in my opinion :)

#4. Most everyone is a little too sloshed to get their picture taken after 10:30pm. Sometimes earlier.

#5. Cakes+flowers on top= always attractive.

#6.There is almost always one of the bridesmaids who is "in charge". She is the expert to go to with any & all questions about the wedding day, how your hair looks, which shoes you should wear, etc.

#7. You should walk down the aisle after the ceremony slowly. Enjoy each moment as a new Mr. & Mrs. & it is always an amazing photo op.

#8. Seeing your soon to be spouse before the ceremony is a must. Pictures will be out of the way before you walk down the aisle, your make up & hair will look better for the pictures & your husband will still think you look stunning as you walk down the aisle to him.

#9. DJs always make good conversation as an interesting dinner partner.

#10. Wedding coordinators can make or break the happiness of your wedding day.

#11. DJs who dance along with their music are not the DJ for you.

7 comments:

Stacy said...

I think you nailed it Amanda! But perhaps you missed just one.

Your Photographer/Videographer will always be hungry by the time that dinner comes along...don't forget to feed them too!

Coree Adams said...

That is so funny! Being that I am a videographer in training...I am sure that I will come to appreciate those factoids a little more so than I already do.

Pepper Lovin! said...

that was hilarious. Djs are wierd though and what the heck is mono cromatic? The electric blue thing is sooo true. ahha

•stephanie• said...

#11. DJs who dance along with their music are not the DJ for you.

i just almost wet myself when i read that one! thanks for the laugh. and monochromatic=shades of just one color, right?

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

That was extremely interesting. I need to read #12-25. Thanks.

darbs said...

i think you should put this on the dep blog (well minus the dj comment just so dj's don't get mad) but the rest is fabulous :)

Rennai said...

Oh my gosh Amanda! The electric blue dress for sure!!! I love them all, and I can think of a few DJ's i could totally be BFF's with. Stacy's addition is a must though, vendors need to eat!