1.11.2010

what would you choose for your first bite?

Welcome to the wonderful world of FOOD Gwen!
and yes.. I was on the phone while Eden was documenting Gwen's first bites. I'm a mom of three, I've got to deligate and multitask.


So FYI to the 2 readers who happen upon my blog.. I've been giving blogging a lot of thought lately. I'm kinda tired of being artificial, the posts with... hey look at this amazing thing I made, or gaze upon my craftiness, or check out this gourmet dessert.

Because when I just spelled gormet, I didn't even spell it right :)

So my New Year's resolution is to change my blog to serve completely as a family journal. Its going to be the day to day, the ups and downs, and the not so perfect.


From now on its PorterHouse Real Life.

No worries, I'll still post some fun things I make or share photos, because that's part of me and I LOVE blogs for idea sharing... but if you think it gets boring around here... I'm just sayin.. its the real me. So, take it or leave it.


And if I got to choose my first bite it would definitely be the dish sized pazookie that I ate this afternoon with hot cocoa ice cream melting on top.
I may have tossed in the towel on my new eating habits after my sis in law said she'd lost 8lbs already. She said she even was sneaking treats. No worries, I'd lost all of like 4lbs and I'm pretty sure its back after that cookie. I may have to decide that I like babyfat :)


13 comments:

Suzanne Maughan said...

Gwen is the most adorable baby girl! I just love seeing pictures of her or seeing you guys at church. Im happy your blog is going family...I love family blogs. Ok, I love all types of blogs but I think I've decided family blogs are my favorite. :)

The Porter's said...

I love you. I think your baby fat looks amazing. Because you look amazing. And it's not fair that Dana lost all that weight but WE will get there.

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

No worries--I will still read your blog no matter how boring it gets:)

Malia said...

I'm all about the blogs that are real! And don't worry, I went to the gym at the start of the new year, and weighed myself and was 10pounds heavier, lol. So no worries.

Dana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leah Martineau said...

So while I had Ryker and Delia you were home eating a yummy pazookie!!!! =) Love Gwens face.

Melissa said...

We will just have to come see all of your cute craftiness in person now! Oh, and who doesn't love a little baby fat???

Cluff Family said...

I haven't read your blog in awhile and I had to catch up on several posts. It looks like you have been having lots of fun. Family blogs are the best. I read one recently where a lady was talking about her son finding a rubber stamp and taking his clothes off and stamping pretty much everything. It was hilarious!

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

FOR THE LOVE YOU'RE NOT FAT!! Hello, you're the one who has had 3 kids and I weigh like 30 pounds more than you. I should have hip-hop abs at my age and non-baby having status. Shut it.

p.s. I think it was me you were talking to when Gwen was having her first bites of food. Aw, tender that it is documented that we talk on the phone for like 3 hours every day!

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

And p.p.s. nothing tastes better than cheating on south beach. I had a whopper from BK for my giving up meal and it was AMAZING. (I don't think they are really supposed to taste that amazing.)

prism said...

There's nothing inherently wrong with living life beautifully and creatively. And, there's nothing wrong with writing a blog that inspires people. I like to "gaze" at other people's craftiness (not to mention gorgeous photographs) because it gives me good ideas and sparks my own creativity (and did I mention I love beautiful photographs of my sweet nieces whom I never see?).

Likewise, there's nothing wrong with writing about "real life". And, I think you already do... I mean, come on, there's not much more real than "...where's my bean?" haha.

Love ya!

Liz said...

your amazing truth of not!!! we all love you!! but excited to hear the dirt :) (jk) you have none!

donkeybray said...

Amanda--the day to day, ups and downs are what make blogs fun to read! I really, really love following you, your too-adorable girlos and of course your babe of a husband. PS: You are not FAT! Good snort, if I'd had three kids I would be ginormous. How do I know? 'Cause I fought fat after just 2 kids. All these years. One nice thing about getting old is you can give the fight. HA. Love, aunt dona.