1.28.2010

a bushel and a peck

Valentines may be 2nd favorite holiday next to Halloween... sorry Santa.

such a fun idea

Rainy days= staying inside and getting creative so we decided to start making our valentines.

After spending $37 on Eden's class treat for her birthday (whoops don't tell lee!) I realized I need to plan in advance and make things not just buy it all from Target.


Can you tell what we are making?
heart shaped home made crayons. presh.

we made valentines for Lee, the girls taped theirs to the front door, and I stuck mine on the wall
have you ever heard the song by dorris day "a bushel and a peck"? My grandpa used to sing it while he bounced us on his lap, and I love it. It's also on the Julie and Julia movie.. love it too... although Julie was kinda too ugly.
And here's Gwennie, her new trick is sitting up. I love her sweetness. And she is the 1st girlie in our family to say mama first instead of dada. she might be my favorite :)

9 comments:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

TOOO CUTE!!! she is a doll. I love that song too. My mom would always sing it to me and I am so glad my kids know it--because now they sing it to me.

granny said...

Love that song. Now it is stuck in my head, but that is OK.

angiedunn said...

it's all so darling. gwen is heaven.

i loved the movie julie&julia. *currently on my top ten. but i kinda thought julie was incredibly adorable in it? hahahaha julia child on the other hand, kinda bugs & i can do an awesome impression...ask holly. (:

donkeybray said...

"A bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck; a hug around the neck and a barrel and a heap. . ." That was popular when I was little; so it's obvious really old, huh? Anyway, I used to sing it to Scotty and Cody when they were babies. And you're right, Granny--it's a head-sticker tune to be sure! Love, Aunt Dona

Tara Porter said...

I want to see the final result of the crayon project. And you have to teach me how to take pictures like you. LOVE them!

Tara

Steph said...

SO cute!! I love it! Your pics are so fun!

rychelle said...

so, in true stalker fashion, i just had to come stalk your blog. (but, in all fairness, you did give us your blog address).

it was a pleasure meeting you at wendy's mentoring session. but, from what i've seen here, you didn't even need to be there. your pictures are AH-MAZING! and your sense of style is to die for.

happy valentines month. :)

rychelle

Heather said...

shut up. seriously shut up. Those are the gosh darned cutest Valentine's decorations I've ever beheld. You are a wiz. Oh... & Gwennie's cute too. :)

p.s. on my list... Julie & Julia. Tadd's gonna kill me.

Dana said...

I think you need to get Gwen started in modeling! She is beautiful :)