8.13.2007

a bone to pick.....

ok.ok.... Here is my disclaminer.... I realize I can not put ALL the blame on the said perpetraitor(sp?) and that this incident could have been avoided with strong parental guidence, but FOR THE LOVE!!

So picture it. I get up at six to get some work done before the girls wake up. So of course to my delight Eden wakes up at 6:07. Way to get up early so I can't get anything I need done. Eden comes and sits next to me at the computer and starts talking. What else is there to do at 6 in the morning? Sleep? I don't know.
I suggest to the girl to take a bath since today is her first day of preschool and she needs to smell fresh and clean. Great idea mom and I start the tub for her.
Buh Buh Buh.......(the music begins)
So Eden is in the tub and I can finally get some work done:) Yes!
I start to working and get some things done. Then I realize, Eden has had the tub filling up for a little too long. Not too worried, Eden can turn off the water and pull the plug, but I go to check on her.
I know the suspense is rising....
I walk into the bathroom to see a wave comparable to North shore in the winter-time cascading over the tub onto my tile. Time stands still as if the whole world stops and I am plastered in my place as I watch the water flood all over my bathroom floor and inch across the tile to my carpet in the doorway. No!!!!
Now here comes my beef.
Why in THE WORLD would a builder put in a bathtub without an overflow?
If you have any insight to channel my anger back at myself for not watching Eden more closely please enlighten my rage :)
Happy Monday!

6 comments:

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Oh Mand, don't be an anger ball. I wish my tub didn't have an overflow. I hate it when the creepy drain sucks all the water away.

HooHoo said...

RRRRRRR! I'm with you. Can't a mother have anything nice?

prism said...

I've just learned to accept the fact that whenever a little one gets in the tub, the floor is going to get wet. It's inevitable. Boys like to splash - a LOT. :-)

Kirk and Aly said...

Yeah, an overflow would be nice, or maybe just a drain in the middle of the floor like in public bathrooms. We definately needed that a few weeks ago when Marissa clogged the toilet, and it totally overflowed (not with clean water, either) and kept overflowing on the tile and then onto the carpet. Like one inch deep of poo water - GROSS! I, too, just stood there in shock and watched it all happen. I have since learned that you can turn the water to the toilet off behind the toilet in such instances. Yuck!

HooHoo said...

Amanda, I think you are a very funny girl. Tattoos without regret - go for it!

angiedunn said...

a wave comparable to north shore in the wintertime...lol...i feel as though was there. you are hilarious. i am sorry for the mess, but it was worth the descriptive & funny post. no?