8.21.2007

my gormet cooking skills~


Um... so confession to make. I hate when I do things wrong and have extreme issues when things don't turn out perfect. Case in point: I AM DYING RIGHT NOW. I know you may think I would shy away from this term since I am really not dying and in fact I know from personal experience that WAY WAY more pain is involved in that act, but to get the point across.
Anywho.. so sitting on my counter are my sugar & flour canisters
. The same flour that I used to make chocolate chip cookies for my Mia Maid Class Presidency meeting on Sunday. So this afternoon as I was making lunch I glanced at said containers and noticed a fleck in my flour. Upon closer examination I lividly realized that there were LITTLE BROWN BUGS CRAWLING around in my flour... that I used to make chocolate chip cookies for my Mia Maid Class Presidency meeting! It could not be true.. I, Amanda Porter do not make mistakes like that?! So I picked up some of the cookies that I made and realized that some of the little brown flecks in the cookies were not chocolate chips but bugs! How many of these chocolate chip cookies did I eat over the weekend? In all honesty..... too many to mention. AND THEY WERE FULL OF BUGS! I AM DYING RIGHT NOW.
ps- don't leave your 50lb. bag of opened flour in your garage. I know... I am an idiot.

14 comments:

Candice said...

Hi neighbor! I am writing to thank you so very much for NOT bringing me any bug cookies. That is horrific, and I would cry if it were me. That is a tragedy. BUT, I suddenly don't feel like eating chocolate chip cookies today, so thanks for that. :) See you Thursday!

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

That is disgusting and I will never make you ticked, because then you will make me "special" cookies to say you are sorry.

granny said...

My parents only left us with a babysitter about twice in my entire life. I vividly remember being so excited that we actually had a babysitter coming, and my mom made a cake for the occasion and put it in the fridge. While the babysitter was there we got it out and had a piece of cake. One of the pieces had a cockroach in it. My mom was so embarrassed when she got home...she also was dying! I'm sure it was just in the mix. I had never seen a cockroach before that night, and never saw one at our house again. In fact, I don't know if I ever saw another one till I moved to AZ in 1990. Haha, I hadn't thought of that for a long time. :) Must have been in about 1960! Hopefully your Mia Maids won't read your blog. Haha.

Rebecca said...

I always knew as a child never to eat the cake if I saw my mom sifting the cake mix. I learned that meant there were weevils in the mix!!

HooHoo said...

So you aren't into protein? You made us all laugh though. And Granny, thanks for the totally disgusting cockaroach story. That pretty much tops them all. HaHaHa.

Skousen Family! said...

way to go Amanda!
I hear BUGS are really good for you!!

angiedunn said...

That IS a rather tragic story, but what is NOT tragic...is your ridic-cute canisters! Love them! Hoohoo's right though, no worries, just a lil protein.

I'm so excited because I'm in the process of bookin' a Christmas shoot w/ y'all! Yay for good deals & talented people such as yourself in this world!

prism said...

I'm pretty sure the heat killed anything worth worrying about... hahah. except maybe the legs... sorry.. you may as well laugh as cry. Love ya.

HooHoo said...

We used to have a kind and very helpful neighbor who fixed us dinner every Wednesday because it was piano lessons and mutual. Every week it seemed to be some variation of "cream of wee-evil".

At least it's not like when you hear that someone has lice and your head starts itching. I did check my bag of flour today though.

Sara! said...

So, to finish up where my mom left off:
Neighbor made chicken and dumplings.
I saw weevil in dumpling.
Melissa didn't.
Melissa ate dumpling.
I screamed.
Melissa cried.
I got yelled at by my mom.
I still don't think it was fair, it wasn't my fault.
Melissa still gets mad and almost cries.

Robin said...

My mom has found those weavils in her flour before, I've probably eaten some in my day. Just some added protein I say. People eat way grosser stuff all the time, so hey, don't worry about it. You're just one step closer to being a Fear Factor contestant.

darbs said...

that is SICK!

Melissa said...

Glad I wasn't at the meeting. Actually, I really miss YW's... say hi to everyone for me.

Coree Adams said...

Oh my gosh! That is so hilarious and GROSS!!