6.10.2008

1856


So the Porters are off to Utah for 2 weeks and we are going to have a blast. I just wanted to share what we've been up to for the last few months.

The picture above is a painting for 1856, a production we have been working on with many wonderful and talented people. Eden plays the little sister in the main family and I'll just say that tragedy strikes early on in the story. 1856 is about a family in the Willie Martin Handcart company and the trials and struggles they go through.

The play shows in Utah at Capitol Theater in SLC from the 16th-21st of June and then at the Ikeda Theater at the Mesa Arts Center from the 27th of June until the 3rd of July. You can go to their Website here and there is a link to purchase tickets in Ut or Az.

Lee and I have gone to see the play each year and it is a wonderful reminder of the sacrifices the early saints made as they crossed the plains and helps me remember my heritage each summer. I would totally encourage EVERYONE to come and share in this wonderful story, and its not just because my Eden is so cute in it! I watched the play with tears running down my cheeks each performance as I have felt the spirit so strongly!
So please come see the play and then meet us in the lobby afterwards! I would love to see you! (especially because you will have red puffy eyes from crying!)
Talk to you soon! ~Amanda

4 comments:

The Fletchies said...

dear earby,

break a leg. and have lots of fun.

Heart!
Laura

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Come back.....I miss you...
p.s. why did you put the word verification thing up? that's stupid.

Kasey said...

Your sweetie little girl is in the play?!? I'm so going now. Rocky's cousins are johhny and jamie who play your daughters ma and pa. Have fun in Utah.

Melissa said...

So cute- wish we could see it!