6.24.2008

Salt Lake City

Whew!! Man o Man getting home from 2 weeks of living out of a suitcase really leaves a lot to do when you get back! After filling our fridge with all things good from Farmer's Market and doing a bazillion loads of laundry... I am finally getting some time to do a few things that I want to do :)
So here are some pictures from all the things we were up to in Utah....

Here we are outside the stage entrance to Capitol Theater
And here's the 1st of many trips to Chuck-o-Rama.. it was right across from our Hotel and the kids loved it... At least someone did :)
Here's Lee taking down the competition during a saltines eating contest :) that's my boy!

Eden became best buddies with the Alston's kids... I guess its because her fake mom was their real mom, so they were kinda siblings.
On Sunday we had a fireside in Orem for all the Young Adults. On the way over Eden was super bored, so she took pictures of herself. NiceEach morning we hung out with the Alstons and went around doing the SLC basics. Here's the kids at the Church Historical Museum. Eden was super excited to see a real handcart and John Taylor's pocket watch that saved his life. :)
One of the next days we went to This is the Place Monument and Pioneer Village. I highly recommend the Porter Pounder. One of the best hamburgers I have ever had. Or maybe I was just really hungry?
After this is the place we went to the Cemetery where many of the Prophets are buried. It was sweet to pay tribute to a wonderful Prophet President Hinkley.I wanted to take a picture of Eden and all her friends in SLC , so I approched them as they were laying out in the shade. Eden was crossing her arms and I asked her not to for the picture. She said... "But mom, I'm just thinkin about what Jesus whould be thinkin about if he were here." So Sweet!
Here we are after a performance in the lobby at Capitol Theater. Did I mention it was beautiful.... the theater... not my husband with a beard! I might have resorted to calling him Beardo the Weirdo and withheld certain privileges until he shaved. ;)

And every night the band played in the lobby after performances. One of my favorite times was dancing with Eden and the little girlies. Here's Eden with her "fake sister" Olivia. We were dancing a chicken dance to " My old red Hen" one of our favorites.
So If you had patiences enough to look through all my pictures, I wanted to let everyone know about tickets. you can purchase them online at the Mesa Arts Center's website or at 1856themusical.com

TICKETS ARE 1/2 PRICE ON ALL SATURDAYS PERFORMANCES. THAT'S THIS WEEKEND ONLY. JUST LET THE TICKET HANDLER KNOW YOU WANT THE CAST AND CREW DISCOUNT. SHOWS ARE AT 2PM AND 7PM.
It really is an awesome show that brings the spirit and strengthens your appreciation for our early members of the Church as it teaches of the sacrifices of the Willie and Martin Handcart Company. Hope to see ya there! Once you go you will want everyone to go see it too!

10 comments:

Pepper Lovin! said...

I LOVE this is the place. Did I tell you I used to work there? I will tell you sometime. It was amazing. Glad you had fun in SLC> I miss living there so much

Leah Martineau said...

Oh I love the pictures!! So fun!! We sure missed you guys, so now when we get back we will for sure get together to make up for lost time =) Again the play was wonderful and you guys are so amazing for sacrificing so much time to be apart of it!!

stacy said...

we saw the show lastnight, it was so GREAT. edan was beyond cute and lee was ok too. hahaha!

i had to crack up at the end because of how into the song edan was. she was really rockin it. everyone around us was laughing and pointing at her cuteness.

great job guys

Alex said...

Hi - you don't know me but I stumbled across your blog and I have a compliment to pass along. My sister saw the show here in Mesa this weekend and when I asked her about it, she said that a cute little girl named Eden stole the show! Looks like it's the same cute little girl, so please tell her the audience loved her!

HooHoo said...

Wow! Proud of you guys. It's so great to have famous people in our family.

HooHoo said...

This production was inspired and inspiring. Eden really was a brite star and Lee did well for your family name too. Great performance. I was impressed with the music and choreography.

Mel would have never even considered going without Reid's free ticket. I don't quite get it, he'll read every other kind of literature, but when it comes to church historical fiction, he just WILL NOT. I loved this. Thank you and thank Reid for us too, please.

Rebecca said...

We had so much fun watching Princess Pickles while Mom, Dad & Eden were involved in 1856. I am afraid that we have turned her into a TV addict. All she wanted to do was watch LIttle Mermaid & Aristocats! It was great to see 1856, also. Eden was sooooo cute.

Anonymous said...

I soooo wanted to go and see this! I'm hoping my MIL will take my older kids to see it tomorrow night...we'll see! What an awesome thing for you guys to be a part of!! Love your blog by the way!

Natalie Newbern

Anonymous said...

A shout out to such an awesome musical and to Eden and Lee! Billy took me to see it the last night of it and I could hardly control myself through out the entire show! I LOVED IT!!! Congrats on your new calling, Amanda! Randi is so excited to be in YW! Take good care of her for me, will ya! I know she's in good hands!

Smile,
Natalie Newbern

Melissa said...

We are so proud of Eden... we now know somebody famous! What a brave little girlie! So sad we can't see the play... :(