9.24.2008

I will now wear steel toed boots

A toe-castrophy has occurred.

The place: my mom's exploding pantry

The time: Friday afternoon

The victim: the big guy on the left

The tragedy: as I was filching through my mom's pantry letting my fingers do a little shopping, I paid no attention to the gallon size can of green beans on the 2nd from top shelf. Little did I realize my brush against the shelf would cause a toe-castrophy to occur. The said HUGE heavy can fell landing on my foot.

Although my shoe was on, my big toe felt like it was going to fall off! I practically bit through my hand trying to make my toe hurt less. No such luck. So after driving home with my right foot and crying on the couch to my husband about my foot, the pressure began to build.

By Tuesday I couldn't handle it any more. I went to the doctor. He ripped off my toenail and I feel much better now. The only problem is: its oozing of its own accord. It won't stop.

disclaimer... yes I know this is disgusting and I hope you weren't eating. Sorry but I hope you never loose your toenail.

and ps... no I am not wearing any polish on that big toe. There is no nail polish, there is no nail. That is just my blood encrusted skin that should be under a toenail.

9 comments:

prism said...

I'm so sorry! I guess you and Liz will have to be sad-toe buddies. Um.. yeah, you didn't *have* to share the photo (but it's ok), it's like Alissa sharing that photo of Brian's broken arm - did I really *need* to see that? No, but it helps me sympathize more. ;-)

•stephanie• said...

wow.
ouch.
there's another reason to not like grocery "shopping".
just eat out from now on.
it's probably safer.
and ask for a 10% discount on your next few pedicures.

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

OK Amanda I'm not going to lie--that has got to be the most disgusting thing I have ever seen--no I'm not kidding. HOLY ----- crap!!! OUCH!!! My toe hurts now just knowing that. I'm so sorry. Yuck!!

Heather said...

Hi Amanda, Oh my gosh!! That looks so painful. And yes the picture was pretty gross, I'm trying not to barf. Being prego though, it's not an easy task.

Your blog is cute. I'm glad I found it.

Kasey said...

OUCH! That looks painful. Hope it heals FAST for you!

angiedunn said...

anyone with blood encrusted skin deserves my deepest sympathy! that looks so painful.

first emily, now you. i'm so sorry.

Holly Schwendiman said...

Oh man that's awful! I lost one when I was 4 - dropped a boulder on it. :( Thankfully I can't remember the pain but this picture....oooooowwwwwwweeeeeee!

Feel better.

Hugs,
Holly

annelise said...

I'ms o glad we got to see what is under your nail... you are a trooper, we had that 1 hour of shooting with Alyssa, on Tuesday...
you have to post a picture of the new nail when it grows..
hugs

Rebecca said...

What is it with you Jones girls? Always dropping things on your toes.