2.24.2009

chocolate chololate bate' bate' chocolate

A year ago... I hosted book club at my house.

It was near valentines... I made romantic heart shaped reminder notes, chose a lovey story
(which I highly recommend) and had delectable brownie bites in a variety of flavors.

Like 2 people came.

Not that its a popularity contest, but come. I gave it my all.

So.. this year I chose a murder mystery.
(Emily's pick) and my reminder was a crisp 4"x5.5" white sheet straight out of the printer. No nonsense.

But, I couldn't resist... I still HAD to make a yummy treat. And I discovered chocolate bowls are no easy feat. -yep I rhymed:)


So after spending over an hour and making 30 chocolate covered balloons, I ended up with a finished product count of 10. Yes a third of my efforts. Bless little Stephanie's Kitchen who made 100 for some RS something. She must have gotten it down to an exact science.(or else spoke a few choice words before she completed #100)

Here's my finished product topped with gooey chocolate cake, simple vanilla bean ice cream and hot fudge.


My little girlies said it was worth the effort.


So did my book club friends :) And I'd even make them again. Minus the balloon popping and chocolate being strewn ALL over my kitchen.

5 comments:

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

No offense, I don't understand your title. p.s. that book club did rock.

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Blogger Melissa said...

Loved, loved, loved, "These is my Words." I will have to read the other one... do I get a chocolate bowl if I do???

angiedunn said...

note to myself: be like amanda someday.

{do you get any cuter?}

fer reals.

*birthday post=TDF

Leah Martineau said...

Just for the record I am offended you didn't save me a chocolate bowl!! Just because I'm not a book worm like the rest of you doesn't mean I should not get the yummy treat.