2.09.2010

i"ll take the waffles please


This morning I was texting lee at breakfast.
I was bragging to Lee about how cute Gwen was, devouring her waffles one slobbery bite after the other. Obviously a mother's love.

He said 'no fair' that I got to experience that each day. Then quickly followed up saying that it was fair,... since I also get to experience the day to days of a little girl who has a bad case of the terrible threes. But, don't tell delia its just a phase :)

It made me remember that I am SO so lucky to get to stay home and clean up waffle messes, and kiss gooey faces, and teach little girls how to fold laundry.
Way better than sitting at an office 8 to 5.
So, sorry Lee, but I think you got the short end of the stick. I'd choose waffles and the terrible threes any day. And thanks for making things work so I get to stay home every day :)Syrup and all.

2 comments:

angiedunn said...

totally agree. :) with the little bit that i do work, i realize how hard the boys have it. our job's the best, for sure. :)

gwen: you're a dollie.

{Levi and Em} said...

Oh girl, you have NO idea how jealous I am of you. I am so looking forward to the day we have kids and I get to stay home. I am fully burnt out of working+being a full time wife. Again, so jealous of you and all your cuteness as well:)