2.10.2010

Nursing Kitties

(disclaimer: these pics have nothing to do with my story except that they are my cute little baby)
Nursing babies are like kitties. Except that I don't like kitties.


Yesterday was Tuesday, and Tuesdays are craft day for my sister Emily and I. She has no responsibilities for the day, and I just brought mine with me.
As Emily sat and covered every ounce of a heart wreath with glitter, I held Gwennie who was apparently starving.

While I fed her, she would not stop playing with my necklace, pulling my hair, grabbing my shirt, etc. And an image of my childhood came to my mind of watching our cat nurse her kitties. They would lay and knead her non stop while they ate. Exactly like my Gwen was doing to me. Is that what it's called? Kneading? Like
I do to my bread?
And.it.drives.me.crazy.


But I don't t
hink I'll put an ad in craigs list and give her away for $5 like we did with our kitties.
ps- I love the sun+Gwen in a field. She is amazing.

5 comments:

Robin said...

Those images and the painted nails are killing me with cuteness!

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Meow meow meow. I know deep down inside you love kitties. Admit it. p.s. can I have my engagement pictures be me in a field with just a diaper on? I am wanting a modern art/contemporary look??

Liz said...

ok those are the cutest ever of our gwennie!! (not sure how to spell that :) and i'm so happy that you love every minute of being a stay at home mom - for sure the men lose on that one!!! Although i'm not sure they would agree! Just so happy its the perfect plan always and forever!! you're an AWESOME mom Amanda and how lucky your cute little girls are to have you (ok lee too) love ya all the way from Jerusalem as I sit and look out my window at the Gold dome of the rock!

HooHoo said...

Manders, you have an amazing amount of creativity, talent and goodness with your camera and mothering. Tuesdays sound like the favorite day of the week. Gwen is quite possibly the cutest.

HooHoo said...

I'm with you on the cats though.