6.07.2007

hard times... come again no more



If I can ever come close to becoming as amazing a person as my mother, it will be enough for me. What an beautiful but hard experience it was to help my mom go to the next phase of life this last week. Just like Daniel's, it snuck up on me. I knew my mom was getting worse, but I never imagined my mom not being strong enough to do everything. Saturday evening I sat by her side and cared for her as she got closer to the other side. What a privilege to give back some of the love she gave me my whole life! Being a mom I realized how scary it was to let Daniel go before her. Not know exactly where he was or what he was doing must have torn at her heart everyday no matter how strong her testimony. Today Lee and I worked on her program and spent the whole day going through pictures of her. What talent, what unique personality and character she possesed. This picture speaks of her beauty. She made Emily and I's dresses for Easter. Whenever I wore something my mom made me, I always felt so special. I guess it's because I felt the love she put into the dress as she took the time to make it.
I have felt so much peace and happiness as I have gone through this experience, and although hard, it has been such a wonderful experience. I will always love my mom the most! I want to be that kind of mom to my children. I know we will be ok without her here bossing us because she taught us to be strong just like her. I will always hear her voice saying... It's ok! We can do hard things! :)

4 comments:

HooHoo said...

Wow, that picture brought back about a million memories, AND tears. You are so right on every account. Your mom has been doing hard things for a long time, and even though they continued to get harder and harder she never caved. She continued to live life to the fullest possible every day. She endured so gracefully and well. Your mom was and is beautiful and so are you. I'm so proud of you Amanda. You are already a mom like yours, and you're doing hard things, gracefully and well. ~Love you, Aunt Elise

angiedunn said...

i too, cried a justin timberlake river reading that post. mostly happy tears because she left a legacy of just that...happiness. i love her. and i'm obsessed with matching dresses, as me and my sister probably had some made out of the same 80's pattern. i am inspired by your strength & testimony...you are beyond fabulous amanda...just like your mom.

granny said...

What a sweet tribute to your mom, Amanda. I know she is proud of you. I can't even tell you how much I love your mom...she taught me so much! Thanks for giving all of us strength.

Kirk and Aly said...

Your mom is an amazing person, who left a great legacy! I was always super excited when I'd be working at the cleaners and she would be there instead of your dad. Not that we didn't like Reid, but your mom was so much fun! She seemed to like everybody and always made us feel super cool, like she really cared about what we were doing. I want to be a mom like she was, full of fun and action! I'm glad that you are carrying on the tradition of matching dresses, your girls are so super cute! I still make my girls do the matching thing, and the older ones hate me for it. Fun!